MIKAYLA CRAMER- February 14 is a day we celebrate love. Many believe it’s the celebration of love between couples; however, it’s a day to express love to friends, family, pets and even ourselves. For those of us that are single, there are multiple things we can do to make the day special.
1. Celebrate Galentine’s Day: Whether male or female just hang out with friends and have fun.
2. Babysit: Let parents get away from their kids and have a night to their own
Freshmen Shylina Parson said that, “Last year I babysat my cousins while my aunt went out on Valentine’s Day.”
3. Pamper: Take a long bath/ shower, apply a face mask, paint all twenty nails.
4. Watch a favorite movie: Whether it’s a romance, comedy, horror, mystery, action, etc.
5. Host a singles- only dinner party: Toast to independence. Senior Raeleigh Smith said that, “Last year I threw a single Pringles party.”
6. Bake cookies/ cakes: Perfect a family recipe, or just make a chocolate layered cake
7. Go shopping: Splurge on a new outfit or a piece of jewelry
8. Schedule a beauty appointment: Get a haircut, a beauty treatment, a mani/pedi, a massage
9. Let our friends know they are loved: Text or Hand out valentine’s cards
“Having a relationship isn’t that big of a deal. If you really want one, think of yourself as your relationship and treat yourself,” stated freshman Zora Watson.
Single is not a status, it is a word that describes someone who is strong enough to live and enjoy life without depending on others. Even though being single is fun and free, continue to spread love everywhere, with an act of kindness, a smile or laugh. Celebrate the day with happy things. Everyone is lovable and worthy of love.
[Photo By Mikayla Cramer
Photo Caption: “Freshman Zora Watson and Maddie Faulkner celebrate Galentine’s Day.”
Mikayla is a freshman and is a first year reporter for the High Arrow. Her favorite thing about journalism is writing interesting news stories.